Atlas México Festival / Festival for contemporary dance and performance.
Summer Dance Intensive >Training retreat for professional dancers with recognized pedagogues from Europe, Asia, África and Latin America.
Where: Guanajuato, México
When: August 03th > 14th, 2020
Deadline for applications: April 30th, 2020.
Atlas México Festival
This is a body practices retreat for professional performing artists that aims to approach different teaching perspectives in an experiential and reflexive manner, building information bridges with renown educators from Europe, Asia and Latin America, who have developed diverse personal proposals that coherently involve the study and research of different movement techniques in the format of a lab, creating, therefore, and environment of reasoning and knowledge systemization through research and experiencing the contemporary scene worldwide.
These labs format is conceived as an intensive body practices camp, the sessions are planned to be lengthy enough to be able to deepen in each teacher´s proposals and particular processes, to then generate a profound experience focused on the study, research and construction of several languages for the personal scenic work.
Atlas is a space that fosters a continuous exchange, significant and direct, originating new environments, meeting points of recognition for performing artists.
• Open to:
Professional Performing Artists: Dancers, Circus Artists and Physical Actors interested in body practices, training and movement technologies to be part of ATLAS Mexico Festival 2020.
• Our faculty 2020:
Julyen Hamilton (England/Italy), David Zambrano (Venezuela/Belgium), Jeremy Nelson (New Zealand/USA)
Registration fee will be USD $1,080.00
1. First Payment: USD$500 / Wire transfer. (Mandatory to reserve your spot)
(Within the 30 days following participation confirmation)
2. Second Payment: USD$580 / Cash in Mexican Pesos. (First day of the event / Participants arrival)
August 2nd 2020
THE FEE INCLUDES:
• Workshops: Full participant access to all the activities . (Workshops and Performances.)
• Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with two menu options: Omnivore and Vegetarian from Monday to Friday.
(WEEKEND MEALS ARE NOT INCLUDED)
• Lodging: Shared dorm from August 2nd to the 15th 2020. (10 bunk beds per room).
• Local transportation (Guanajuato):
Option 1: Bajío International Airport, Guanajuato – ATLAS – Bajío International Airport, Guanajuato.
Option 2: Guanajuato Bus Station > ATLAS > Guanajuato Bus Station.
• Premises Access: Dorm rooms, Dinning Room, Locker Room, Showers, Hangout Areas
• PHASE 2 /APPLICATION RESOLUTION
You will receive an email with the resolution of you application within the next five working days after you have completed your registration form.
• PHASE 3 / FIRST PAYMENT AND DOCUMENT SUBMISSION
To secure you spot it is important that you do your first payment of the registration fee of 500 dollars and send in your receipt (Its equivalent to pesos according to that day´s FIX exchange rate).
1. The organization will rigorously respect the order of applications received.
2. If your payment is not completed within the following 30 days after you received your confirmation the spot will be released for someone else.
3. There are no reimburses after a payment has been received.
4. Any situation that is not stated within this open call will be addressed by the organization.
5. Check the exchange rate at https://www.banxico.org.mx/tipcamb/main.do?page=tip&idioma=sp
• Application and Document Submission:
El This Call is open from the date of its publication until the participant limit of 60 people is reached.
The organization will rigorously respect the order of applications submitted.
Only 60 participants
Fill in the registration form: https://forms.gle/VCVp6jsshqk1WRka8
You will receive a resolution via email.
• First Payment:
Within the following 30 days after confirmation.
• Second Payment:
August 2nd 2020 (First day of the event / Participants arrival/ Cash payment in Mexican currency)
Costs for participants: Registration fee will be USD $1,080.00
Contact details: email@example.com
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE FESTIVAL:
For further information, please visit www.atlasmexicofestival.com