Ate9 will once again host 20 participants at it’s LA home! The course experience will be similar to that of an Ate9 dancer including class, rep, and creation. Each of the participants will receive extensive personal attention during this unique creative experience with Ate9 Founder and Artistic Director Danielle Agami.
Where: Live Arts LA (4210 Panamint St., Eagle Rock neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA), USA
When: July 8-26, 2019 | Times M-F, 11a-5p
Deadline for applications: Accepted on a rolling basis until course is full
The 5 days in the studio each week will include:
– Daily Ate9 company class with master Gaga Movement Language teacher Danielle Agami
– Weekly ballet technique classes Agami developed during her recent research as a Virginia B. Toulmin Fellow.
– Learning of Ate9 repertoire work
– Creation and workshopping of Agami’s newest work with the company, “a blind LAdy”
– Guest teaching and appearances by Ate9 company members
Each weekend during the course will include additional activities such as:
– Danielle Agami will perform her solo work, “Framed”
– The Ate9 cast will perform excerpts from “The Niners: Dancers Create” with original works by Ate9 company members
– A 2-hour Gaga People workshop with Danielle at The Sweat Spot in Silverlake
*Activities may have additional cost
“The personal growth that I discovered through this course has changed who I am as an artist. It has opened my eyes to new avenues of movement, dance, and expression. This intensive was not at all easy, but the
– 2018 Ate9 Summer Course Participant
HOUSING and TRANSPORTATION:
Each participant is responsible for finding his/her own housing and travel arrangements. However, once accepted we are happy to connect you up with other participants interested in sharing a place!
SCHOLARSHIPS and WORK STUDY:
Scholarships and Work Study are currently not available.
More information can be found at our website: ate9dancecompany.com/summer
How to apply:
The application can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/Qp2AtRRZ9I5J7HMI3
*Open to professional and pre-professional dancers ages 16 and up.
1. A 30-60 sec. Introduction
2. A 2-3 min. performance excerpt from a recently performed work
3. A 1-2 min. session of improvised material
Ideally, videos are uploaded together to Youtube or Vimeo (as private or unlisted as desired)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applicants accepted on a rolling basis. Spots are reserved once invitations have been sent and deposit has been received.
A $300 non-refundable deposit needed to secure spot. Remaining balance due on first day of the course.
Costs for participants: $1,600
Questions? Please email Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org