At Your Leisure: International Call Out for sport-related live dance & movement performances
Where: Various venues across East Lothian, Scotland, UK
When: Between 29th Oct – 3rd Nov 2018
2018 is the Year of Young People with numerous events planned to celebrate Scotland’s younger generations. Room 2 Manoeuvre is very excited to announce, as part of this programme, we will be presenting At Your Leisure, a unique cultural event that will merge live dance performance with sports activity. It will consist of a programme of International and UK dance companies, each presenting a performance based around a different sport related theme. In addition, this programme will offer opportunities to participate in both dance and sport activities and workshops. All of the activity will take place at selected sports facilities across the region of East Lothian within Scotland, UK. At Your Leisure will run for approximately 1 week from the 29th October to 3rd November 2018. All activities will be accessible to young people with a number of additional public events. In line with guidelines for participating events in the Year of Young People programme, At Your Leisure, will be co-designed by a steering group of young people throughout the process of delivering this event.
What are we looking for?
Do you have a show that explores a sport-related theme and/or that takes place within a sports environment? For example, a show that takes place in a swimming pool or uses a climbing wall. Alternatively, perhaps your work explores the theme of competition or teamwork. This is the type of work we are seeking for At Your Leisure. Different performance genres other than dance are welcome, but it must contain a strong movement element. Individual artists, companies or collectives are welcome to apply. At Your Leisure will take place in the region of East Lothian in Scotland. The nearest international airport is Edinburgh.
- All work must be suitable, but not necessarily made for, young audiences and families.
- Performance duration of between 20mins – 1hr
- The performance must contain a clear sport related theme.
- All successful artists and companies must be willing to provide creative learning activity such as workshops and classes. Exact numbers and form would be agreed upon prior to being contracted.
- All performances must have the ability to be presented in a sports facility that will suit and relate to the content. If your work has a suitable theme but has only been presented in traditional theatre spaces, then we would enter a discussion about how to present it within an appropriate sports setting.
- Artists/Companies must have availability between 29th Oct – 3rd Nov 2018.
What we provide:
- An agreed Fee, travel expenses within the UK, accommodation and per diem.
- If required, work Visas upon negotiation.
- We will enter a discussion with any selected companies about international travel costs. However, we will encourage such companies to seek funding for thee costs within their own country.
- Technical support. Applying companies/artist should understand that there may be limits in terms of what can be provided within the sports facility environment.
To apply, please send supporting material including online video links, performance description, images and details of how many company members would be required to email@example.com. Please mark your email “AYL Performance Application”. The deadline to apply is 5 pm Monday 2nd April 2018. Selected artists/companies will be informed no later than 18th April 2018.
R2M invites applications from artists at all stages of their career, cultural and ethnic background and those who would identify as disabled. Room 2 Manoeuvre is based at The Brunton, Edinburgh. To find out more about us please visit www.r-2-m.net or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/room2manoeuvre/