Seeking an Associate Artistic Director for Foster Dance Company, a youth dance company for dancers ages 8 to 18.
Where: Evanston, IL (20 miles north of downtown Chicago), US
When: Spring 2020
Deadline for applications: January 15, 2020
Together with the Artistic Director, Sarah Goldstone, the Associate Artistic Director for Foster Dance Company (FDC) is the creative energy behind all FDC choreography and performance. Reporting to the Artistic Director, he or she is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing the artistic vision of FDC.
– To conceive, develop and implement programs in keeping with the vision and mission of FDC;
– To lead and manage FDC to ensure continual top-notch performance in a fun and creative working environment;
– To choreograph and teach eight medium length dances per year;
– To teach open Contemporary, Jazz and Modern dance classes at Foster Dance Studios during the school year (hours TBD);
– To teach during the Foster Dance Summer Intensives (house TBD) during the months of June and July.
The ideal candidate should be an inspiring leader and team player with vision and passion. He or she should possess the following:
– A portfolio of works of high artistic quality;
– Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz and Modern dance;
– The ambition to nurture young artistic talent;
– The ability to multi-task and work in a changing environment.
Competitive salary package offered.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to send a resume, a video of his or her choreography, and a cover letter stating reasons for applying and present and expected salary to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 15, 2020. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
For further information, please visit www.fosterdance.com