Baejjahn Dance Company and choreographic center ARTINCHO present ARTOMOV, a one-year program Designed for emerging movers/choreographers who wish to De-construct their knowledge in order to Re-construct it and, thus, find ways through the process of being a professional dancer.
Where: Maison Maurice Béjart Huis, Brussels, Belgium + 1 week residency in Venice, Italy
When: From September 2020 to June 2021
The program will take place from September 2020 to June 2021, 3 days per month + 1 week residency in Venice.
It will be led by choreographers/artistic directors of Baejjahn dance Company, Amal Julie and Baele Jean-Baptiste.
The program contains 3 periods, each of them has a specific goal targeted:
– September/December (focused on the personal development);
– January/June (group work/performance);
– Residency in Venice (working as a company, creating a new piece under leadership of Baejjahn dance company’s choreographers).
Throughout the program we will have a particular work on each individual’s movement vocabulary; going from movement research to movement theory and movement execution. We will develop research methods and work methods to help each participant to unlock their body language full potential.
The program pack includes:
– 28 days of training in Maison Maison Maurice Béjart Huis (Bruxelles, Belgium),
– 1 day of Performance in Maison Maison Maurice Béjart Huis(Bruxelles, Belgium),
– 5 days of residency in Forte Marghera (Venice, Italy), (included: plane tickets, accommodation, Breakfast and dinner),
– 5 minutes of solo, Filmed by professional David Jacobs – https://vimeo.com/383497920 ,
– 15 minutes of Performance, filmed by David Jacobs.
The aim within ARTOMOV lies in the process of a personal journey to re-discover a wider range of expression in movements through outside/inner space.
At the end of the residency, 1 to 2 dancers will be selected to be a part of Baejjahn’s new work for September 2021.
To apply please email us at Baejjahn@gmail.com
15 spots available.
Costs for participants: 1500€ (1350€ for students)
For further information please visit https://www.facebook.com/BaejjahnDanceCompany/?modal=admin_todo_tour