La Fabrique de la Danse offers Artistic Business Lab summer intensive for dancers and choreographers that will allow them to enrich their style and movement while further developing their business skills.
Where: Paris, France
When: July 7th to July 13th
In 6 full days, trainees develop a global approach to overcoming challenges surrounding the creative process and company management. By the end of the intensive, choreographers leave with a stronger entrepreneurial attitude needed to propel their professional career and spark creativity. The program guarantees trainees a chance to build one’s business acumen ranging from production, communication, lighting design, and arts management. Pairing these training sessions with daily choreography workshops supervised by Christine Bastin, a renowned French choreographer, will give each participant the opportunity to grow as a leader in the field.
The workshops include:
– Choreography Workshop
– Production Control
– Introduction to Lighting Design
– Broadcasting your Performance
– Oratory Skills: How to Pitch your Workshop
– Artist Portfolio Workshop
– Management Skills
– Discover a Creative online Video Tool
Why Paris? The City of Lights is the destination to immerse yourself in the arts and feel inspired!
Additionally, this program dives into the Parisian culture and includes:
– Overcoming Obstacles Dinner
– Night-Out in Paris (performance included)
– Free time to explore Paris with top recommendations
– Individual meeting with Christine Bastin regarding your choreography portfolio
– Inspirational talks given by French professionals in the Industry
– Celebratory Closing Dinner
To apply,please send resume + presentation of your project to businesslab[at]lafabriquedeladanse.fr
Costs for participants: Terms and conditions for the program depend on your situation.
Contact details: Lucie Mariotto, businesslab[at]lafabriquedeladanse.fr
For further information, please visit http://www.lafabriquedeladanse.fr/artistic-business-lab/