SUB.LAB.PRO – creative platform for dancers to expand their technical and creative capabilities through choreographic creations with supplementary profession related lectures and personalised mentoring.
Where: Budapest, Hungary
When: 2022 September 1. to 2023 May 28.
Deadline for applications: 2022 May 15.
We are looking for 10 artistic individuals who are ready to engage with an emerging professional contemporary dance program in its full length as a member of The Ensemble.
SUB.LAB PRO The Ensemble Program is designed for dancers, dance graduates and professionals who wish to strengthen their technical and creative capabilities, gain professional creation and performance experience, broaden their skill set across varying disciplines, and receive guidance in setting up career paths and creating a personal artistic identity.
Applicants must be over 18 years old and have a professional level of education or other relevant dance/movement and technical/artistic experience.
The Ensemble Program between September 2022 to May 2023 in Budapest, Hungary offers:
– 4 creations with 4 internationally acclaimed choreographers
– 5 premiers at Trafo House of Contemporary Arts and Mu Theater
– Opportunity to create and present your own choreographic work
– Daily morning classes with a wide range of dance techniques and styles
– Twice a week – ‘Tools’ – essential profession, and ‘body-care’ related lectures
– Personalised mentoring throughout the entire program
– Mentoring in job seeking after the program
– Possible apprenticeship in 1 European Dance Company
– Promotional platform and networking
– Certificate of completion once the program is finished
– Professional company-like structure
– Insight to the cultural and underground scene of Budapest
– Safe and creative working environment
– An egalitarian atmosphere where dancers, tutors and directors operate on a level playing field.
How to apply: We are accepting VIDEO APPLICATIONS ONLY.
To apply you need to fill out the online application form:
In your video we recommend you to include: a short introduction, improvisation, choreographed/set movement material, performance footage or anything that represents you well as an individual and as a mover. You may also include footage of group material, just make sure you are easily recognisable.
For more detailed information please visit our website: https://sublab.pro
Costs for participants: 3200 EUR / 9 months + 200 EUR registration fee
For further information, please visit https://sublab.pro
Find more DANCE PROGRAMMES here https://dancingopportunities.com/category/dance-programs/