Applied Improvisation and Performer Personality
Where: Mannheim, Germany
When: 14 August – 21 November 2017
Deadline for scholarships: April 15 2017
What is applied improvisation?
Tools, principles, techniques, structures and concepts of improvisation are applied to individual, social and general phenomena in order to create a performance that is in the moment for the audience – something which they can relate to and interpret in the context of their own lives.
Who is the workshop intended for?
The intensive workshop is intended for trained dancers and other professionals involved with motion, such as in the fields of circus, martial arts and dance education. The goal of the workshop is to elaborate your own language of movement and individual expression irrespective of your motion style, and thus to establish a personal journey as a performer and creative artist.
The international team of teachers, Etoile Chaville (France), Jan F. Kurth (Germany) and Rakesh Sukesh (India), to name some of them, consists of a new generation of artists who have developed their skill sets from the pioneering representatives of the improvisation genre.
The workshop includes a total of at least 300 hours as well as additional usage possibilities of the studio. You will be performing at the international festival “instant echo days” in Mannheim and can join all other activities of the festivals free of charge.
Benjamin Franklin Village
Elementary School (Sportshall)
Registration and detailed information in the attached flyer and at https://improwork.wordpress.com/
Application for a part and full time scholarships
The application for the scholarships is possible until April 15 2017.
Each workshop participant is already being funded with 1000€. Therefore we can gladly offer you a bargain workshop fee:
Normal price: € 2,100
• Payment in full by 14 July 2017 receives a 10% discount, total € 1,890
• Instalment payment of 420 € to every 1st of the month out of 5 months of July to November 2017, total € 2,100
Early Bird Special: € 1,750 (With binding registration by 15 April 2017)
• Payment in full until July 14, 2017 6% discount , total € 1,645
• Instalment payment of 350 € to every 1st of the month out of 5 months of July to November 2017, total € 1,750
Partial Scholarship: € 1,050
• If payment in full by 14 July 2017 10% discount , total € 945
• Instalment payment of 210 € to every 1st of the month out of 5 months of July to November 2017, total € 1,050
After registration a workshop agreement contract will follow.