Voice and Performance Training Residency: Call for Physical Theatre Performers, Dancers, Creative Artists, Pedagogues and Researchers – Save 35% booking before Feb 14th.
Where: Centro Anidra, Borzonasca, Italy
When: 19-30th August 2020 (arrive 19th and leave 30th)
Deadline for applications: Up to 35% fee reduction with bookings before 14th February
“Ensemble work at its very best” Newcitystage
This 10-day residency is focused on international artistic collaboration, physio-vocal training, ensemble performance practice, physical storytelling, the enabling of voice and sound and the role of music in physical performance. In previous years, participants have come from across four continents, forming a dynamic working group of artists.
Anna-Helena McLean (Artistic Director) will be leading the residency. She was a principal performer with Gardzienice (seminal experimental anthropological theatre in Poland) for seven years before returning to the UK to develop her own unique Actor-Chorus-Text (ACT) methodology that forms the basis of Moon Fool’s internationally renowned music and theatre productions. She works as an ensemble coach for leading education institutes worldwide (Yale, DePaul, NSD, RCS), while pursuing a Performance Practice Ph.D. at Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
The residency is hosted by Centro Anidra, a holistic centre and biodynamic farm in the wild countryside of Borzonasca, Liguria. Participants live and work together, including spending six hours per week as farmhands, and full bed and board are included in the cost of the residency. Centro Anidra is a registered Erasmus + Traineeship centre, and there are funding options for students looking for placements abroad.
“This rigorous training challenges the individual to shed inhibition and focuses on the ethos and practice of ensemble – mutuality… Anna-Helena leads with a rare combination of musicianship, intellectual and emotional enquiry” Hugh Hodgart, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
The training includes:
· Minimum 5-hours contact time per day
· Guest facilitation by Konstantinos Thomaidis, author of ‘Theatre & Voice’ (MacMillan) and Senior Lecturer at University of Exeter
· Site-specific rehearsals, night running and ‘gatherings’
· 12hrs working on the biodynamic farm led by our host community, Centro Anidra
· Three home-cooked meals of organic produce from the farm per day catering for all diets
· Free time for exploring the locality (beaches and local trekking routes)
· A culminating public sharing of work
· A certificate of participation by the Anidra People’s University, Borzonasca
· Fresh waterfall suitable for swimming only 5-minute walk
· Finnish Sauna and Professional masseur (reduced rates)
· On-site childcare (reduced rates)
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to ACTanidra@gmail.com outlining why you want to take part.
People of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities are welcome to apply*.
*LGBTQIA+ individuals included in the equal rights policies (available on request)
Costs for participants:
Full £1450 sharing heated bungalow accommodation (clear by 29th June)
Camping £1100 own tent £1200 communal (clear by 5th May)
Earlybird £950 camping £1250 bungalow accommodation (clear 14th Feb)
For further information, please visit http://www.moonfool.com/act-immersive-2020.html