The incentive is for all resident artists to collaborate and create a collective group to co-create together.
There will also be an option to create smaller collective groups depending on the collaborations that will be formed.
We accept up to 4 International artists and up to 5 local artists from Melbourne to collaborate, research and development on the subject matter: Cultural Diversity and Cross-Cultural Communication with the non-linguistic medium.
When: 15 January – 25 March 2017
Deadline for application: 22nd December 2017
To apply, please send motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Residency offers:
- A comfortable queen size double bedroom.
- The residency can accept up to four artists. Two artists in a shared room and couples can also be accepted upon arrangement.
- Fully equipped kitchen for preparing food
- Bathroom & Toilet shared in the house.
- One studio Dorm 1 at Abbotsford Convent
- Studio approx. 12×10 SqMtr with wooden floor
- Performance/Presentation of the artists’ work (Arranged case by case that can be coordinated with the mentors).
- First performance at Rosina room at Abbotsford Convent on 16th March.
- The second performance will be at the Ready Made Works in Sydney on the 25th of March.
- Travel expenses from Melbourne to Sydney will be covered by bus for all resident artists to travel together.
- Accommodation in Sydney will be covered for all resident artists
- Guidance for what to do in Melbourne in terms of art and cultural activities and finding materials for your production.
The Resident Artists have to cover and offer:
- Their flights and transportation to and from Melbourne and to the premises of the residency
- Food and personal expenses
- Any production expenses
- Costs for International artists Total 2900 AUD (includes accommodation)
- Costs for artists living in Melbourne: 1400 AUD
Contact details: unityspaceair@gmail.
For further information, please visit https://