The Dance and Choreography education at Den Danske Scenekunstskole København – The Danish National School of Performing Arts Copenhagen is hiring two teachers in the field of dance technique, improvisation and somatic practices.
The teachers will be employed within the competence area of Bodily movement and Expression and mostly teach at the education for Contemporary Dance and Choreography, but teaching at other educations (eg. acting) can also be included.
The positions, which are in close collaboration with the Head of Education, focuses specifically on the development of the skills and competences of the students within one or several of the following areas:
- Contemporary dance technique
- Somatic practices
The applicant is not expected to cover all three areas and shall in the application state in which areas the applicant has expertise.
The School is in the process of developing a bachelor and master structure over the next three-five years.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Teaching at the current four-year education in Contemporary Dance and Choreography (soon to be a three-year education in dance and choreography).
- Coordination with the study administration in regards to pedagogical activities of the Dance and Choreography education.
- Supervision and coaching of the students both individually and in group.
- Rehearsal direction and coordination with the production office in regards to production activities of the Dance and Choreography education.
- Assistance with the organization of examinations and evaluations.
- Participation in artistic and pedagogical and artistic development together with colleagues in the program as well as the School in its entirety.
- Collaboration in the development of future teaching modules at the BA and MA level in the competence area of Bodily movement and Expression.
- In a longer perspective: artistic research projects (with reservation on resources).
- Teaching and development within the other educations at the School.
- Extensive artistic experience at the highest professional level within the field of Contemporary Dance.
- Knowledge of contemporary dance as subject – its history and development in techniques and working methods.
- Solid experience of teaching activity on the highest international level.
- Ability and willingness to engage in close collaborations with colleagues and students and contribute actively to creating a vibrant School of Performing Arts.
- Willingness to experiment with teaching methods.
- Solid administrative and logistical experiences, preferably within a complex organization.
- Good abilities to collaborate with different professionals and personalities within an organization.
Experience with and a desire to work inter-disciplinarily would be valued.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The workload will be defined in negotiations with the applicant but will be between 50-70%, which equals from 18,5 to 25,9 hours/ week. Please note that the working hours are not necessarily placed weekly but can be organized in more and less intensive periods during the school year.
The position begins on January 1st 2016 and is a time-limited three-year contract with the possibility of a three-year extension.
The contract will be made on an individual basis and salaries will be fixed in compliance with the Danish Ministry of Finance’s regulation of June 22nd, 1994, in which the starting salary is between 12.109,42/16.952,60 DKK per month (18,5 to 25,9 hours per week) and the final salary is 16.089,79/22.525,71 DKK per month (18,5 to 25,9 hours per week).
It is not possible to pay relocation costs if you have to move to Denmark. The teacher refers to the Centre Leader of the Centre for Acting and Dance.
Upload your application, CV and relevant enclosures via Ledige stillinger no later than Monday 19th October 2015 at 23.59 hrs. Applications received after this date will not be taken in to consideration.
Please note that the applicant should mention in which of the three areas – improvisation, contemporary dance technique and somatic practices – the applicant has expertise.
Applicants invited for an interview should be prepared to teach a master class for the school’s 3rd year students. Interviews and master classes will take place in week 47 from Monday 16th of November to Friday 20th of November 2015. Travel expenses and accommodation for this will be covered.
All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the position, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
ABOUT Den Danske Scenekunstskole – The Danish National School of Performing Arts
The Danish National School of Performing Arts offers educations within all aspects of performing arts. The approximately 212 full-time students work in an inter-disciplinary study environment where they have the possibility to deepen their knowledge and skills within their area of specialization and participate in inter-disciplinary projects, productions and performances.
The school also offers continuing education possibilities focused towards the professional arts environment.
More information regarding the Danish National School of Performing Arts, the educations and students is available here: dendanskescenekunstskole.dk (in Danish only).