We will select videos that demonstrate a clear intention; that use movement, location(s), landscapes, camera movement and editing to achieve this. We are looking for works that criticise and expand the notion of choreography, enabling the movement to take centre stage. Movement on screen cannot be analyzed in the same way as performance on stage: the meeting of movement and screen determines new conditions, new textuality, and thus, a new expressive language.
The selection will cover worldwide productions. After being screened by our jury, a winner will be selected.
ScreenMotion Festival will be held on 11th December 2015 at Tripspace Project, London, UK.
- National and international artists are invited to submit work(s).
- Each person can present a maximum of 3 works, having to fill a form for each work.
- The festival will not pay right of author for the festival screenings.
- Submitting works in this festival is free of charge.
- Length of the work must not exceed 15 minutes.
- Participants must be 18 years old to apply.
- The participants confirm and guarantee to hold all the copyrights and the authorization of the performers, artists and the crew involved in the work.
- To apply for pre-selection please complete the ENTRY FORM and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put Screenmotion Festival in the subject line.
- Send a still frame image of the film in the same email.
- Following jury selection, the list of selected artists will be announced and we will send an email with instructions for sending documents via Wetransfer.
Call for entries: from 19th October 2015 until 16th November 2015
Jury working: from 16th November 2015 until 23nd November 2015
Notification of results Official Selection: 23nd November 2015
Sending videos: from 23nd November 2015 until 30th November 2015
Any questions to: email@example.com