Postgraduate Residence Studios and Performance Research Studies is an artistic research program that aims at the support of new talents, develops participants’ personal choreographic or dance signature and incubates practice-based research in an international artistic and educational context.
PRES offers a one-year artistic research based on the principles of self-organization, collaboration and rigorous practice as research methodologies. Participants develop an independent artistic research project. In this program, individual work and collective research are linked. The participants follow a daily training class, and have their own daily research residency. They receive a regular mentoring and dramaturgical support. Each month, participants follow an intensive week of workshops, seminars and master classes.
Where: At SOZO visions in motion, Halle 2, Grüner Weg 15-17, 34117 Kassel, Germany (documenta Stadt)
When: Starting in September 2017
Deadline: Deadline for Applications is 15.04.2017
- maximum 4-6 students
- self realisation; the invited artists and the activities are developed in dialogue with the director of the PRES, according to the needs of the group;
- the focus is on artistic output, through collective creations and individual work;
- development of a personal artistic signature, in a permanent critical dialogue with the fellow students
- culminates in the creation of a diverse and strong portfolio of research based performance works.
How to apply: In order to be accepted to this course, there are two stages (online application and interview). Please read further particulars.
First Stage: Online Application
All applicants are asked to apply online.
Deadline for submission of your application and all supportive documentation is 15th of April 2017 although it is highly advisable to apply early as the places are covered very early.
Second Stage: Interview
Application forms and references will be rated by a short-listing panel assessing professional practice, academic ability, experience, motivation, suitability for training etc.
All shortlisted candidates will participate in an interview where the candidate’s suitability, motivation and experience to follow this residency will be considered.
The fees for the year 2017-18 are set to 3.600€. The program is able to agree in most cases that fees can be paid in direct debit instalments (maximum 10) .
The fees cover the following:
- 1 daily class + possibility for participation in 4 master workshops from the training cycle (per year)
- 8 intensive weeks of teaching/ seminars/ research related activities/ touring (spread throughout the year)
- daily research studio
- mid-program and end of year performances and touring
Contact: In case you have any questions and queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Director of PRES
Pavlos Kountouriotis: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit: http://www.sozo-vim.de/