Siobhan Davies Dance is inviting expressions of interest from independent dance artists and choreographers for opportunities to be in residence and to present work at Siobhan Davies Studios.
Where: Siobhan Davies Studios, London, UK
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Monday 12 February
Following a successful launch in 2017, Siobhan Davies Dance is continuing with our Open Choreography programme. We are inviting applications from dance artists and choreographers to participate in our Open Choreography Residencies and Open Choreography Performances. Both programmes aim to offer artists a chance to develop and share their work in the unique environment of Siobhan Davies Studios, with access to the organisation’s resources and expertise. In line with our mission, they open up the choreographic process to audiences and facilitate choreography in an expanded sense. Artists are invited to apply for one or both opportunities.
For both opportunities, we are looking for artists who:
- Have an established practice as an independent dance artist / choreographer
- Work in an investigative manner, structuring their making process as a process of questioning and research
- Engage with other disciplines
- Are enthusiastic to meaningfully engage peers and the broader public in their choreographic processes
- Have a clearly articulated proposal to offer
- Can demonstrate why they will benefit from working within our building and organisation
This opportunity is open to artists based in the UK and internationally.
Siobhan Davies Studios is fully accessible and we welcome applications from artists with access needs.
How to apply
Via the Siobhan Davies Dance website http://www.siobhandavies.com/whats-on/participation/open-call-residency-performance-opportunities-2018/
Lauren Wright (Programme Director) firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 091 9650