The Movement Techniques Platform extends the following call to Scenic Professionals: Dancers, Circus Artists, Physical Actors and Performers interested in body training to participate in ATLAS > International Festival Técnicas de Movimiento 2018 (1st Emission) It will be held in Tepotzotlán, Mexico, from August 2 to 10, 2018.
The teaching team will be integrated by: Milan Herich (Slovakia / Belgium), Francisco Córdova (Mexico / Spain), Rakesh Sukesh (India / Switzerland), Edivaldo Ernesto (Mozambique / Germany), Beto Pérez (Mexico) and Roberto Olivan (Spain).
Where: Tepotzotlán, México
When: August 2th – 10th, 2018
Deadline for applications: February 1st to 7th, 2018.
ATLAS > INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES
Training retreat for professional performing artists that seeks to approach different body works in a practical and reflective manner, generating bridges of information among renowned pedagogues from Europe, Asia and Latin America, who have created various personal training proposals through research and experimentation on training for the contemporary world scene. The festival is planned as an intensive training camp, to generate a profound experience in the concentration of body practice, in the search and formation of different languages of personal stage work. The format of the sessions is planned sufficiently long to be able to delve into the proposals and particular processes of each teacher. ATLAS is a space that seeks to create a more direct and meaningful coexistence. To foster new environments, meeting places and horizontal recognition among teachers and participants.
1. Age range of participation: 25 to 40 years of age.
2. Ascertainable professional experience in performing arts.
3. Résumé/Bio: Half a page.
4. Letter of Motivation: Half a page.
5. Photographs: 1 Headshot & 5 in Professional Activity.
6. Video showing the applicant’s improvisational skills and language. (3 minutes max. / No cuts or edits.)
7. Valid Official ID: (Passport / NIE / ID)
8. Medical Insurance (Optional): Valid Medical Insurance or Affiliation to a health institution. (The festival is not responsible for injury or accidents.)
PHASE 1 / APPLICATION / February 1st to 7th, 2018 (( Only 60 participants will be selected ))
- Fill out application in the following link: ( https://goo.gl/forms/XjwvVGLyh
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Name of applicant
Attached: Letter of motivation (PDF format),1 headshot & 5 photographs in professional activity (JPG format).
PHASE 2 / INSCRIPTION
- Confirm participation based on results before February 20th, 2018.
- Send the following documents attached to the following email address: email@example.com (Attach Valid Official ID: (Passport / NIE / ID), Medical Insurance Documents before March 12th, 2018.)
- Make the first payment of $500.00 USD between March 5th and 12th and send proof of payment.
- Make the first payment of $365.00 USD between April 30th and May 7th and send proof of payment.
NOTE: The selection committee reserves the right to decide regarding any unforeseen event arising from this open call.
Costs for participants:
The workshop will have a cost of $865.00 USD
First Payment ($500.00 USD): March 5th to 12th, 2018
Second Payment ($365.00 USD): April 30th to May 7th, 2018
· Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) > Omnivorous and Vegan option
· Lodging (Shared bedrooms from August 1st to 11th, 2018)
· Local Transport (Transportation with specific departure time Mexico City > Camp & Camp > Mexico City.
· Access to facilities (Workspace, Semi-Olympic swimming pool, Artificial Lake, Forest, Fireplace Zone, Camping Zone, Gardens, Dining Room)
For further information, please visit https://www.tecnicasdemovimien