Collegium Hungaricum Berlin (CHB) calls applicants to participate in the Montag Modus performance series in 2017.
When: 10 April 2017 Planned date of Montag Modus event
Where: Collegium Hungaricum Berlin; Dorotheenstraße 12, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Deadline for applications: 3 February 2017
CHB invites visual and performance artists to participate in the Montag Modus performance series. We accept applications with installations, videos, performances, dance and other types of performative productions.
Montag Modus is a bimonthly series that aims to examine the different aspects of performative art focusing on the overlap between the fine arts, dancing, theory and music. The series presents three performances per event. Montag Modus debut May 2015 and has successfully presented 33 performances at 11 events with the participation of over 70 international artists.
Montag Modus is now in its third year. In 2016 the series explored the topic of chaos and entropy. In 2017 our focus will shift towards the process of rearrangement, a state that closely interweaves with entropy. In this series we canvass the ever-changing mechanism of our reality and values. The digital age has revolutionized our habits, behaviours and expectations. It is impacting on identities and cultures, while transforming the nature of knowledge itself.
We are seeking artists of all disciplines with a performative quality to share their personal approach to the process of rearrangement.
What we offer
– 150-300€ per performance, including production costs
– Photo documentation of the performance
– In site accomodation, if necessary
– CHB is responsible for covering communication and organization of performances
– CHB will cover as many technical requirements as possible with prior coordination
What we expect
– Description of the performance concept (2000-4000 characters)
– Video or photo documentation
– Maximum length of performance piece: 45 minutes
– Anyone can apply with a new or previously performed piece
– 3 February 2017
Hannsjana: Sideboard Manifesto at Montag Modus #10 Photocredit: Eszter Galambos