Hinge Arts International Residency for Contemporary Dance and Related Art Practices
Artist-in-residency best suited for individual artists or small collectives, partners/family members welcome!
Where: Healing Hill Art Space, Haryana, India
When: September 18 – November 10, 2017, 4-8 week commitment
Deadline for applications: Open, but apply ASAP!
The Hinge Arts Residency for Contemporary Art and Related Art Practices will take place at HHAS September 18, 2017 to November 10, 2017. The goal is to bring together national and international artists and provide opportunities to meet in a new cultural setting. Chosen individual artists who, through their dance and art practice can absorb and influence other artists and their cultures. Artists who are interested in merging dance forms and interdisciplinary approaches, are open to collaboration, and who’s work is equally focused on community involvement and international exchange have been invited. Healing Hill Art Space (HHAS) supports its residents by providing opportunities to engage in international and intercultural exchange, as well as exposure to village and community life. Residents include emerging and established dance professionals who will share time and experiences with each other and non- professional enthusiasts, as well as create in non-traditional contexts and environments within this rural community.
A 4 to 8 week commitment is required.
An invitation letter can be provided.
To apply, please contact:
Curator: Monique Romeiko curatordance.healinghillartres
After Reading the INFORMATION PACKAGE (which will be emailed upon request) provide the following:
– Short (approx. two sentences) Artist Statement
– Short (approx. 100 words) Bio
– Short (two-three sentences) Description – of your current work/work in progress and/or work you hope to develop during the residency.
– If you are not a Contemporary Dance Artist explain how your art practice relates to Contemporary Dance.
– Online Links – to your website/promotional material/video etc.
– Dates you would like to attend – between September 18-November 10, 2017 (4-8 weeks)
– Room preference & second choice (please note that many of the rooms are already reserved but we’ll do our best to accommodate you with your first choice)
– A breakfast option cant be available for $100USD for 4 weeks if enough artists are choosing this. Indicate if you are interested in adding breakfast to your meals or finding your own.
– Additionally, please write a ONE SENTENCE BIO including your COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE (or where you work/live/identify as representing), and ONE online link to publish/share with the attending artists. Many artists are interested in collaborating with fellow residents.
Applying artists will be contacted very shortly after submitting the above information.
Costs: Range from approx. $360 USD to $1180 USD prices for accommodation listed in the Information Package.
For further information, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/group