Artist-in-residency best suited for individual artists or small collectives, partners/family members welcome!
The Hinge Arts Residency for Contemporary Art and Related Art Practices will take place at HHAS September 18, 2017 to November 10, 2017. The goal is to bring together national and international artists and provide opportunities to meet in a new cultural setting. Chosen individual artists who, through their dance and art practice can absorb and influence other artists and their cultures. Artists who are interested in merging dance forms and interdisciplinary approaches, are open to collaboration, and who’s work is equally focused on community involvement and international exchange have been invited. Healing Hill Art Space (HHAS) supports its residents by providing opportunities to engage in international and intercultural exchange, as well as exposure to village and community life. Residents include emerging and established dance professionals who will share time and experiences with each other and non- professional enthusiasts, as well as create in non-traditional contexts and environments within this rural community.
A 4 to 8 week commitment is required. An invitation letter can be provided.
Where: Healing Hill Art Space, Haryana, India
When: September 18 – November 10, 2017, 4-8 week commitment
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2017
To apply contact curatordance.
Provide the following information by April 30, 2017:
– Short (approx. two sentences) Artist Statement
– Short (approx. 100 words) Bio
– Short (two-three sentences) Description – of your current work/work in progress and/or work you hope to develop during the residency.
– If you are not a Contemporary Dance Artist explain how your art practice relates to Contemporary Dance.
– One Online Link – to your website/promotional material/video etc.
– Dates you would like to attend – between September 18-November 10, 2017 (4-8 weeks)
– Room preference & second choice
Costs: Range from approx. $360 USD to $1180 USD prices for accommodation listed in the Information Package.
For further information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/