Gummitwist is a mentoring program for choreographers hosted by Theater Felina-Areal, Mannheim. The project supports the development of 3-5 beginning to mid career choreographers based within 100-kilometer radius of Mannheim, Germany.
Where: Theater Felina-Areal – Mannheim, Germany
When: April 10 – May 21, 2017
Deadline for applications: January 25, 2017
We are searching for choreographers who are looking for guidance to support the further development of their work. Gummitwist is directed by the Heidelberg choreographer Edan Gorlicki, who will mentor the artists throughout the program. The program offers: a workshop week with guest teachers, creation/experimentation period of maximum 3 weeks and a presentation of results at Theater Felina-Areal. Each choreographer selected will be offered financial support to work with up to 3 dancers/performers, a modest production budget and fee.
We are not looking for ideas of new works. We are looking for artists who are interested in improving their craft.
The mentoring strategies will be constructed and designed together with each selected artist based on the needs and interests of the choreographers in relation to the aims and goals of the artists, mentors and organization.
– Application deadline: January 25, 2017
– All applicants will be interviewed in person or via skype/phone: January 26 – February 3, 2017 (Interviews will be constructed in English)
– Announcements of selected artists: February 10, 2017
– Workshop week (mandatory): April 10 – 15, 2017
– Creation/experimentation period of maximum 3 weeks (exact dates to be concluded with each selected choreographer): April 17 – May 13, 2017
– Exchange week (mandatory): May 15 – 20, 2017
– Presentations (mandatory): May 20 & 21, 2017
Artists will be chosen by a pre-selected jury of professionals based on written applications, online videos of work (if any) and interviews.
Program will be conducted in English but applications can be written in both English or German.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com by January 25, 2017. Please attach to your email the filled out application form, online links to previous works (if any) and a short biography.
Each choreographer selected will be offered financial support to work with up to 3 dancers/performers, a modest production budget and fee.
For any questions or inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit: www.gummitwist.org