Open call for artists who are migrants, based anywhere in the world.
To celebrate the 20th birthday of the Edinburgh Showcase, we’re inviting artists to imagine possible futures with us in Imagine 2037, an imaginary festival exploring place and migration.
Where: Edinburgh, Scotland
Deadline for applications: Thursday 18 May
We’ve launched an open call for artists to submit texts imagining a performance on top of Arthur’s Seat, overlooking Edinburgh in 20 years’ time. Together, these texts will form an imaginary festival. Each commissioned text will be printed on a beautiful postcard with a bespoke illustration and will be distributed during the Edinburgh Showcase week and online.
This is for artists:
- Who are migrants: who live in a country that’s not where they were born
- Who are based anywhere in the world, including the UK
- Who have some experience working with performance
- Who work with writing as an important part of their practice
- Who have the ability to convey a lot within a limited number of words
Applications must be made in English. However we will commission the successful artists to write in the language of their choice, and we will arrange translation.
Find out more about Imagine 2037
Arthur’s Seat photo Manuela Cantù