Call for Contemporary Dancers from Arab Countries and Iran for the Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program.
Dancing on the Edge is offering scholarships to talented dancers from Arab countries and Iran to attend a summer dance workshop program in Amsterdam.
Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) is the only organization in the country devoted to stimulating artistic exchange in the fields of contemporary dance, theater, and multi-media with the Middle East and North Africa. The scholarship program is offered in collaboration with Henny Jurriëns Foundation (HJS). HJS is the most prominent dance training institute for professional-level dancers in The Netherlands.
Where: The Netherlands
When: 8-28 July 2017
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2017
• must come from (and at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
• must have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
• must be no older than 30 years old
• must be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
• must have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
• must have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
• are responsible for attaining a visa if necessary (with the help of the organizing parties)
The application form is available at the following link: Online Form
You will be asked to give a motivation, short biography, dance video (digital link), and an indication of eligibility.
Deadline: 15 February 2017
For questions please write to: office(at)dancingontheedge.nl
For further information please visit: http://dancingontheedge.nl/news/call-scholarship-program-2017/