The second call for the WimmelResearch-fellowship, a joint project between Akademie Schloss Solitude, Robert Bosch GmbH and Wimmelforschung, is now open.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and the process of intercommunication itself.
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature and time-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange.
When: October 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016
Deadline for applications: September 1, 2016
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature and time-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are however principally open and left to the artist.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply. Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age. Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo-Fr) on Platform 12 is mandatory
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A concept text (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: email@example.com
The next fellowship will be awarded from October 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
The deadline for all applications is September 1, 2016, 12 p.m. CET/MEZ.
For further information please visit http://www.akademie-solitude.de/