Ballet Vlaanderen together with Opera Vlaanderen form Kunsthuis. Kunsthuis presents the greatest classics of the opera and ballet world and offers new creations in a relevant and qualitative way, ambulance to the widest possible audience. All operas are shown in our own houses in Antwerp and Ghent, the ballets are shown in the same houses as well as around Flanders and worldwide.
We are currently looking for an inspiring and experienced full time Balletmaster (m/f), to oversee rehearsals, daily ballet classes and work in close collaboration with the dancers and artistic directors of Ballet Vlaanderen.
Deadline for applications: 30 October 2016
- Motivating and inspiring all dancers;
- Encouraging the development of the dancers and their skills;
- Teach, rehearse and coach the dancers for all designated productions and performances, as well as for the group passages as for the soloists and principals, and oversee their overall physical fitness;
- Being responsible for the choreography and teaching it for reruns;
- Advise the artistic director and choreographer at casting sessions and recasts;
- Passing on cast changes to the costume department;
- Having the skills to oversee and create plans for rehearsals and performances;
- Having the skills to create casting sheets.
- Have a bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience in ballet and contemporary dance;
- A proven track record in teaching, rehearsing and developing professional dancers at all levels, to the highest standards;
- Have the ability to motivate and coach people to perform and achieve superior results;
- Having effective planning skills is a plus;
- You are available for all scheduled classes, rehearsals and performances, including evenings and weekends as required;
- You are flexible with working hours
- You have computer skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Good knowledge of Dutch, or the motivation to improve / develop your Dutch language skills.
- An attractive and diverse working environment;
- A full time contract (start date to be determined);
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Our main offices are located in Antwerp.
Apply before 30 October 2016 fill in the application form on our website. After a first selection round based on the letters, the selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Kunsthuis strives to promote equal opportunities. Skills are more important than age, gender, ethnicity or nationality.
For further information and to fill in the application form please visit: https://operaballet.be/en/the-house/hiring/vacancies/vacancy-ballet-master