– Planning, budget coordination and realization of the Ballet’s artistic program, as outlined by the GNO Artistic Director.
– Contributing to the artistic program’s content, including the consistent development of the Ballet’s profile.
– Providing outstanding teaching and coaching of the dancers to ensure their ongoing technical and artistic development and to contribute to the high standard of programming and repertoire established by the Company.
• Qualifications Required:
– The ideal applicant will have an estimable background as an active dancer and extensive professional experience as a choreographer.
– Excellent communication skills – a team player and an inspirational company leader with a well-rounded knowledge of the repertoire and base in classical ballet.
– Foreign applicants must demonstrate sufficient competence with spoken English.
– Αccredited qualifications in relevant fields.
• Salary – Period of contract:
The Ballet Director’s monthly salary will be set based on the provisions of Law. In addition, there may be scope for the Director to develop artistic collaborations and present choreographies, where agreement on that matter has first been made with the GNO’s Artistic Director.
The contract will be of up to 2-years’ duration, commencing on 01/09/2015, with the possibility of further renewal.
• Application procedure:
Greeks or foreigners interested in applying for the position should fill-in and submit the given application, by Monday June 15, 2015, at 14.00 hours (Greek time) to the offices of the Greek National Opera. In particular, applications should be lodged with the GNO’s Protocol Office in the administration building (39 Panepistimiou St., 3rd floor, Athens GR-10564) from 08:00 to 14:00 hours from Monday to Friday (tel. 210 3711200). Similarly, for online applications, please ensure that all documentation is sent out no later than Monday June 15, 2015, at 14.00 hours (Greek time) to the following address: email@example.com. Please note that the application deadline will be strictly observed. It is your responsibility to make certain that all required materials reach the Protocol office by the given deadline.
In addition to their application form, which can be obtained from the GNO’s Protocol Office or online from the website www.nationalopera.gr, interested parties should also the following:
1) A detailed CV with photograph.
2) Qualifications (original documents or copies attested by the competent authority).
3) Proof of previous employment with operas, dance groups, etc.
4) Proof of artistic activities, including programs from performances, sound and image documentation, reviews, etc.
5) Proof of administrative experience (certificates of employment with operas, dance groups, etc.).