Wee Dance Company (Dance CO. of the GERHART-HAUPTMANN-THEATER GÖRLITZ-ZITTAU) is looking for contemporary male dancers with a strong technique and good improvisational skills for the upcoming season August 24th 2017 till mid July 2018.
When: On the 25th and 26th of June 2017
Deadline for applications: 16th of June 2017
Where: Gerhart-Hauptmann-Theater Görlitz-Zittau, Demianiplatz 2, Görlitz, Germany
Admission to this audition is by invitation only!
Costs: no fee required, accommodation and travel costs will not be covered.
To apply please email VIDEO LINKS to: Marko E. Weigert, email@example.com
Contact details: Kathleen Müller-Franz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following about our work to ensure you truly believe you could be satisfied working with us:
- The GHT is a small city theatre with budgets correspondingly smaller than those of a German state theater. Salary begins at 2000.–€ per month pre tax.
- We don’t conduct ballet training in the morning, so if ballet class is at all important for you, you’d be unhappy with us. Again: working with us would mean that you will not have ballet class in the morning, but a contemporary research session: joining the company means committing yourself to this. If you believe that you need ballet classes, then working with us would be wrong for you. If you know that you would become unhappy without ballet classes, then working with us would be wrong for you.
- Our central artistic medium is choreographed dance. We sometimes use other performing methods and skills too, however it’s important that you can enjoy working mainly with choreographed dance (rather than preferring performing methods other than choreographed dance, such as acting theatre or the disciplines of performance, installation, action, happening, fluxus, interaction, concept, improvisation or similar verbal or non verbal performing methods).
- We often, though not always, define our movement to very precise musical counts. We require the ability to consciously assign movements to counts, which are sometimes counter-intuitive or very sophisticated; in other words: relying on merely “feeling” the music does not suffice. Working with us will be fulfilling and enjoyable for you only if you are willing to embrace this tool and the challenges presented by enhancing this skill.
- Additionally to creative individual and collaborative input from our dancers, we also require from them the ability to learn given choreographic material, sometimes to a highly precise and detailed extent. Therefore it would be important that you can approach the challenge of learning and performing material created by others as enriching and enjoyable.
- Work in our theatre can sometimes mean stress: a lot must be accomplished, and getting as much rehearsal time as we’d like in order to feel optimally comfortable is sometimes a luxury we must do without. If stress makes you unhappy, working here will make you unhappy. To work with us it would be important that you can approach stress with a positive attitude as an exciting, enriching and promoting element.
- In addition to dance productions, our company is obligated to participate in some of the GHT’s opera, musical & spoken theatre productions. The work in these productions is at least as much as in dance productions, it is taken just as seriously, and it’s important that you commit yourself to this work just as much as to our dance productions.
Please watch these Trailers. The first group will give you an impression of our dance productions, the second of the opera and musical productions in which the company takes part:
vimeo.com/154261297 The Little Mermaid
vimeo.com/176279871 The Name of the Rose
vimeo.com/165085681 Vorsicht: GLASS!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbZaeoCrZ0 Romeo & Juliet
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JY2iG7BL0 Schwarz, ohne Zucker
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAM4LHe7M-0 There’s Time
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5jzDMi2kNM the butterfly defect
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3kHzMKEt58 Bach bewegt
Opera & Theatre:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vr2dal_v0Q Fiddler on the Roof
www.youtu.be/Oc5bjAdJizE Dancer in the Dark
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFa1xD3dLQ8 Clothes make People
www.vimeo.com/44264840 La Traviata
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzZtZnx6zg Death of a Banker
You will receive an email from us no later than the 17th of June 2017 informing you as to whether or not you have been invited. If you have been invited we will then send you the relevant information regarding your audition.
For further information, please visit https://www.g-h-t.de/