Cie. Woest is looking for dancers and acrobats with a strong contemporary dance base for a new performance: professionals and a stagiaire.
Where: Amsterdam and Antwerp
This summer 2016 Cie. Woest will create the new site specific performance Lucky Shots, in which we will research the concept of weightlessness. It will be a research in failing and achieving almost impossible physical challenges.
It will be a physical challenging process, a game between gravity and the body. Our approach for this work will consist of lots of partner work, therefore we are looking for physical strong dancers/acrobats who like working on location. After a three week rehearsal process we will present a first draft at the Spoffin festival in the end of August. In the spring of 2017 we will remount Lucky Shots and present it at at least 6 festivals.
Because of the special conditions of working on location we are looking for performers who:
• are interested in working on location
• are open-minded.
• are physically strong and have good stamina / overall fitness
• are prepared for the unpredictable conditions of nature / weather
• who have affinity with the visual dance theater of Woest.
• Audition dates: June 5, Dansmakers Amsterdam – June 6, Antwerp
• Call-back in workshop format: June 22 and 23, Antwerp or Amsterdam
• Rehearsal period: July 19, 20, 21, Antwerp – July 26, 27, 28, Amsterdam – August 1 – 5, Amersfoort – August 22 – 26, Amersfoort
• Previews 2016: August 27 and 28, Amersfoort
• 2nd rehearsal period / montage: 2 weeks in April/May 2017.
> Premiere and tour 2017: already 6 festivals booked in May, June and July, more to come.
> You need to be able to attend all the rehearsal dates.
> Note: Bring (warm) dance clothes and indoor/outdoor dance shoes with you as we will work both inside and outside.
> It concerns 3 paid positions and 1 internship.
INTERESTED? Sent us your CV, motivation letter and short video (images of own work / you performing) to email@example.com. Please write clearly where you live, we prefer citizens from the Netherlands and Belgium. Check out our website for more information about us and our performances.
For further information please visit: http://www.ciewoest.com/