Chantry Dance Company, cialis a UK theatrical contemporary ballet company is seeking male and female dancers for various projects in 2016, as well as apprentices to the company.
Date: November 26th (possible recalls on the 27th)
Location: Grantham, UK
2016 Projects include:
* UK Theatre tour of new work, playing small to mid-scale theatre venues across the UK. R&D period in January. Touring September-October with rehearsals in September.
* ‘Dance Anywhere’ outreach projects. 4 different performance and workshop projects in care homes and secure units, with rehearsals in January, February and May and performances throughout the first part of the year. This project is funded by Arts Council England.
* All full company positions are paid at Equity minimum rates or above.
CDC’s work is dramatic, passionate and designed to captivate the audience. Our mission is to explore how dance can operate as a liberating art-form, bringing freedom of expression, mind and emotion to performers, participants and audience. We aim for our work to bear witness to the world, showing all the joys, passions, pains and sorrows of humankind, and enable us to look at a situation with different eyes. We also aim to bear witness simply to the endlessness of the abstract imagination.
1) Dancers should be of soloist standard, but also able to work in an ensemble.
2) A high standard of classical ballet and contemporary technique.
3) Strong acting and partnering skills.
4) Willingness to collaborate with a choreographer.
5) Acrobatic skills are desirable but not essential. For females, pointe work is desirable but not essential.
6) 3 years vocational training or equivalent experience.
7) An amiable, mature personality, with a deep respect and passion for the art of dance.
8) Must be able to work legally in the UK and possess any necessary visas or work permits.
To apply for an audition, please submit the following:
1) A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with CDC and what you feel you would bring to the company
2) CV – this MUST include your age and height
3) Dance photograph and headshot
4) A link to your contemporary/contemporary ballet showreel. This must be available to view online – please do not send video files. Please do NOT send a video that only shows classical technique, commercial dance or improvisation – we need to see strong technique and performance work in the contemporary or contemporary ballet style. Please ensure you are easily identifiable on the showreel.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Please email all submissions to email@example.com
Deadline: November 10th
For more information about CDC, please visit www.chantrydancecompany.org