The (HKICAROS), Hong Kong International Collective Artist in Residency for Opportunities and Sustainability, is taking place from the 27th May to 27th of June 2018 where local and international artists will be able to collaborate, interact, exchange and share their creative process. The (HKICF) Hong Kong International Choreography Festival is modelled specifically after the residency (HKICAROS) so as to give more opportunities to local and international artists living and working in Hong Kong by interacting and working with international artists from across the world. Over three days, 28-30 June 2018, at Sheung Wan Civic Centre Theatre there will be short and long performances by all artists who have been part of the HKICAROS as well as from artists who will bring their production to the festival.
Intensive workshop teachers:
David Matan: Gaga
Where: Residency at Different Venues in Hong Kong
Festival at Sheung Wan Civic Centre Theatre
When: 27 May – 30 June 2018
Deadline for application: 22nd December 2017
How to apply: Send motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the 3rd edition in 2018 Unity Space offers 3 scholarships to local HK artists for one Solo, one Duet, and one Group Piece up to 4 artists. Terms & Conditions Apply visit the HKICAROS page for more information.
Unity Space offers:
- Rehearsal-studio space,
- Morning master company classes (weekdays Flying Low)
- Master workshops (check on schedule for the teachers),
- Mentoring by master teachers,
- Publication of your production,
- Lighting and stage design assistance
- A performance at Sheung Wan Civic Centre Theatre for the festival HKICF.
- Accommodation for International ArtistsFor this year we accept applications for group works up to 4 artists max.
Each artist will need to pay the same fee as stated.
Unity Space offers 2 performance prices of 5000 HKD and 3000 HKD respectively.
The nomination will be selected by an arts committee who will evaluate the process of the artists and their performances. The arts committee members will be announced soon.
The Resident Artists have to cover and offer:
- Their flights and transportation to and from Hong Kong and to the premises of the residency
- Food and personal expenses
- Any production expenses
- Costs: 3700 HKD
Contact details: hkicaros.hkicf@gmail.
For further information, please visit http://hkicaroshkicf.